Ugh. Last night my throat was so sore that the pain from breathing woke me up in the middle of the night. I kept telling myself that it was just the dry air and I was dehydrated, but by the time I left work, I still felt shitty.
And even though I felt shitty, didn’t eat enough at work because of my stupid throat, had sore muscles, and DIDN’T HAVE A HAIR TIE (but I had my gym bag!), I went to CrossFit anyway.
Because I am an asshat.
=stupid slow for me, like 2:25 or something (usually I row ~2:00-2:05)
- mobility work
1RM Clean =105#
1RM Jerk = 95#
I couldn’t get out of my head on the cleans. I pulled 95# easily, and then I couldn’t for the life of me get 100#. And I just kept trying and trying because my current 1RM is 105#, and I’m a stubborn idiot and I just HAD to match it.
When I finally gave up and moved onto the jerks, I realized that I had 15# plates on the bar and not 10# plates like I thought, so I was actually hitting my old max (105#) thinking I was only lifting 95#. Which is cool, I guess, but I also exhausted myself because I repped “95#” multiple times.
By the time I got to the jerks, I was just done. Got 95# up EASY and failed at 100# about a thousand times. Hello, head games. And sickness. And fatigue. And calorie deficit. Oops.
Now I’m kind of grumpy and I’m sitting here nursing a stupid protein shake because real food hurts too much and I need calories.
Whiiiiiiine. Whatever. I took off my cranky pants. I’m hitting the NyQuil bottle so hard tonight.
- ironmanredux likes this
- jessaetcetera likes this
- gillsquirt said: you’re a dufus. i hope you feel better! and i hope it’s not strep or tonsillitis :( that shit SUCKS.
- gillsquirt likes this
- ouray likes this
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- shortmom likes this
- shortmom said: I gave this post the “mom look” of disapproval. But the CF’er in me said, “Hell yeah!”
- for-time likes this
- dawnversion2point0 likes this
- funnyrunner likes this
- rookcanrun likes this
- 3quartersalice likes this
- blacktoptherapy likes this
- tribander likes this
- kickingassinstilettos likes this
- carolynrennt said: Booooooooo get it together, body!
- jrfred said: Ugh…I hope you feel better soon
- jrfred likes this
- x-opher likes this
- squigglesforbrains likes this
- kateatahealthyrate likes this
- notjuststrongforagirl likes this
- josethompson said: Feel better.
- josethompson likes this
- aheartofiron said: Hope you feel better tomorrow :(
- westcoastrunner likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- chrystimoreorless said: I hope it’s not the flu! Maybe you’ll kick the snot out of it by morning.
- chrystimoreorless likes this
- rxingmyazzoff likes this
- becky-balances said: Feel better!
- mar-kicksass likes this
- katebikerun said: No hair tie is the worst lady problem besides getting your period unexpectedly.
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- eightieone likes this
- eatteachwodrepeat likes this
- runningwithpoodle likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- runningwithguts posted this