So my co-worker was supposed to teach a class next Wednesday. I was going to sit in on said class. He got called into jury duty, and he was selected. So now he’s not teaching. Guess who’s subbing for him?
lololol - so not only do I have to learn all of the material in a week on my own, but I have to learn it well enough to teach 30ish professionals. And be able to convince them that I know what I’m talking about. And I’ve never taught a class before? My first class was scheduled for March, and it was going to be co-taught. I’ll be teaching this one by me onesie.
It’ll be fine. I think. BUT! Needless to say, work came home with me. Rude.
I did manage to get in some CrossFit, though.
- 500m row
- Line drills
- Barbell progressions
- muscle up (scaled to: 2x ring dip, green band + 2x ring row)
- squat clean thruster, 95# (lolol - scaled to 45#)
- stretching + mobility
Squat clean thrusters are CRUEL. Instead of normal thrusters, the barbell has to touch the ground between each rep. So a full squat clean, and then as you stand, you press it out. Again, these types of WODs are sort of frustrating, because I have to hold back on the weight. I can squat and clean much more weight than I can press. WOMP.
Also, for the muscle up substitutions, we had to do 2x each as one rep - we couldn’t do 30x rings dips and then 30x ring rows/pullups. Switching back and forth ate a lot of time.
Annnnd according to one girl in my class, I’m freakishly flexible. These hips don’t lie, baby.
Ugh. Okay. Adulthood. Back to work.
- bananacreamcupcakes likes this
- ouray likes this
- turtleseyeview likes this
- countdowntooz likes this
- tribander likes this
- xfitlibrarian likes this
- ariavie said: Just let them play with Google Earth. I was mesmerized for-ever when I first used it.
- learningthingsisfun said: It’ll be fine. You will be fine.
- learningthingsisfun likes this
- strengthgained said: Teaching: jump in! You’ll be great.
- strengthgained likes this
- runningwithcrohns likes this
- auspiciousstruggle likes this
- jrfred likes this
- thisfearlesslife likes this
- squigglesforbrains likes this
- becky-balances said: Can we Skype in and ask questions that you know the answers to in order to legitimize your expert status?
- becky-balances likes this
- szeeee likes this
- captainmudphud said: Hips. Mmmmm.
- takingbackpaula likes this
- liftheavybeawesome likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- dawnversion2point0 likes this
- eatteachwodrepeat said: Yeah, that looks awful. :-)
- eatteachwodrepeat likes this
- adventureproof likes this
- funnyrunner likes this
- runlong likes this
- chrystimoreorless likes this
- shellsbellsontherun likes this
- themotherrunner likes this
- carolynruns likes this
- heidigetshealthy likes this
- keepingupwithmcjones likes this
- getittogetherg said: You’ve got all the smarts :)
- run-doozer-run likes this
- gettingamyright said: Just fake it till you make it!! Take questions ‘off line’ or see if someone else in the room can answer!
- trish-runs-the-world-away likes this
- rxingfortwo likes this
- gilliansquirtle likes this
- therealdubtastic likes this
- gilliansquirtle said: you’ll be great! you’re a good teacher!
- thatssowoolard likes this
- getittogetherg likes this
- engineering-fitness likes this
- eightieone likes this
- regainingmymoxy said: Ahh - you’ll be great. :o)
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- jbizzle329 likes this